The admissions process is two-fold. It gives the parents an opportunity to learn about the school, its philosophy and policies. It also gives us the opportunity to assess each child’s readiness and to determine whether we will meet the child’s needs and the expectations of the family. Families who enroll are expected to align with the school’s values, goals, and requirements.
MSP admits qualified students of any race, color, creed, national, or ethnic origin, to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
Admissions & Enrollment Procedures
If you are interested in enrolling your child at MSP, click the "Contact Us" button in the top right corner. This will include a tour of our campuses, observation of classrooms in progress and time with the Admissions Director. This first observation is for adults only.
In its effort to create a balanced educational environment true to the philosophy of Dr. Montessori, a relatively even distribution of boys, girls, and ages is important in each three year developmental group.
Each year during January, current students are given an opportunity to re-enroll for the next school year. All remaining spaces are offered to the public after this time. Families who enroll are expected to align with the school’s values, goals, and requirements.
Students are admitted in the following order:
- Re-enrollment of current students
- Children of staff
- Siblings of current students
- Full day students
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- New students
Admissions Process for Entry Level and Preschool & Kindergarten:
- After the tour, we will schedule a time to meet with you and your child. During the meeting, your child will have the opportunity to spend time with a teacher.
- After the meeting, MSP will make a decision regarding acceptance.
- If your child is accepted, you will receive an enrollment contract. Registration and application fees are due when you are notified of acceptance in the school. These fees confirm your child’s place and are non-refundable.
- If there is no space available and you want to be placed in the wait pool, complete and return the application form with the non-refundable $100 fee.
Criteria for Acceptance into a Primary Classroom:
- The student’s demonstration of the ability and willingness to follow directions.
- The student being fully toilet independent.
Admissions Process for Elementary and Middle School:
(Please note, we don't typically accept students after the 2nd grade unless they are transferring from another Montessori school.)
- Provide the child’s latest school records and test scores before scheduling a tour.
- After the tour, we may schedule a classroom shadow date. At this time, the non-refundable application fee is due.
- During shadow visits students experience a Montessori classroom in action. Assessments are administered.
- After your child shadows, the head of school will meet with teachers to determine acceptance.
- Once the admissions decision has been made, parents will be informed.
- When you are notified of acceptance in the school, the registration fee confirms your child’s place and is non-refundable.
- If there is no space available at this time, you may choose to be placed in the wait pool.