Click here to visit the American Montessori Society website.
If you would like to read more about the Montessori approach to education, we suggest these books:
- The Secret of Childhood by Maria Montessori
- Education and Peace by Maria Montessori
- Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius by Angeline Lillard
- Montessori Today by Paula Lillard
- Montessori: A Modern Approach by Paula Lillard
The Montessori Foundation is a good source for informative articles and videos.
- Click here to the www.montessori.org homepage
- Click here to visit their Family Center to read about how to choose a Montessori school and to view videos
- Click here to visit their on-line library of articles about Montessori
Here is a short list of books on parenting that we recommend:
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelson
- Discipline for Life: Getting it Right with Children by Madelyn Swift
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Many well-known innovators have been graduates of Montessori schools. To read articles about some of these creators, click below:
- Harvard Business Review blog excerpt on innovators attending Montessori schools
- Kyiv Post article
- Investors Business Daily article on leaders and success
John Hunter, a keynote speaker at the AMS 2014 Annual Conference and creator of the World Peace Game, shares his thoughts about peace education and how Maria Montessori’s ideals of the prepared environment and following the child can lead to new discoveries for students and educators alike.
Peace education is a vital component of the Montessori curriculum. The teaching of peace and global citizenship can transform a child’s life and lead them to a more fulfilling world view. Learn more about Montessori education at www.amshq.org/Montessori.